10/30/08

Saying Goodbye

I have just returned from So. Cal. where I played violin at a funeral. I must say that I usually don't like to do so, but this funeral was for the father of my oldest and dearest friend Bevan and it was wonderful to be with her and her entire family. It was a great day, one inwhich we remembered Merrill Swenson and reviewed his life according to his children and grandchildren. Excellent talks were given, beautiful music rendered and a real sense of love and closure touched all of those present. It was just beautiful and I'm glad I was part of the day. One thing about Mormon funerals is that there is a sense of happiness and the knowledge that we will all be together in the eternities. That hope helps us to endure our life here while looking forward to seeing our loved ones again. I remember when my Mom died and I missed her so bad it physically hurt. Now, years later, I can say I miss her still but know that we will be together someday.
I'm happy to be home!!! I love teaching Violin, it's what I do best!! I'll be soooooooooo happy when this election is over! It has been very draining!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

Potters said...

Glad you had a good time though we wish see had seen you.

Hunter said...

Sweetness. I'm sure you did awesome!