10/26/08

Sunday Allergies

Today was Stake Conference for the Morgan Hill Stake. Since there was going to be a change in the Stake Presidency EVERY ONE was in attendance! Our visiting authorities were Elders Cordova and Gonzales from the Seventy. They are wonderful! What marvelous talks they gave, both last night and today. The Conference was very uplifting and spiritual. There was only one problem: my eyes!! I don't know what the heck I'm allergic to, but when the weather is hot and dry my eyes just burn and water like the dickens!! People who were sitting near me probably thought I cried through the whole meeting but not so, I only got choked up once in a while not the whole meeting. I'm really not used to this and I hope the weather changes soon! But Conference was wonderful! Our Home Teacher, Kort Jensen was called as one of the Counselors  and we support him with all our hearts! We have gotten very close to the Spanish Branch since  the young women meet with our ward and Cassie is best friends with several of the girls. On Friday night we took them to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and they had such fun.We know this because, since we weren't allowed to sit with them, from our table near by we heard  their happy voices. We feel blessed that she has such good friends. So, today has been good! Keep a prayer for me that I will get my job back in the  School District at my regular pay. I've been living through a nightmare of gigantic proportions!!

3 comments:

delaney said...

i bet it was wonderful!!! To bad of your eyes!!... im sry

Christie said...

Mmm, Cheesecake factory. Can we go there for Christmas?

Everything will get better. *hugs*

heidi said...

Mom--i emailed you about thanksgiving...any news? just wondering.