10/18/07

A New School

Today I opened another Violin Program at the newest school in Gilroy, Las Animas Elementary. I know, I know, I have way too many students as it is, it's just that I believe so passionately that kids should be introduced to Strings when they are young and there are NO strings programs in this school district except what I do! I do feel driven and sometimes I just can't quit. That's why I said I'd start a new school on my only 1/2 day off! Am I crazy?
When I was young, violin "saved" me. By that I mean, I was no academic wizard, but I learned to play violin and I've done so for the last 50 years! It put me through University, helped me support two little kids when I was divorced and helped me support a whole family when Martin had his emergency and consequent chronic illness. Even though I don't have to work so hard now that he is so much better, I still like to teach and inspire children. So, now I'm at 3 schools and my home studio. Atleast I'm doing what I love!! So, am I crazy???

2 comments:

heidi said...

as long as you are doing what you love to do. i would think it weird if you weren't teaching--it's so who you are.

Potters said...

A bit, but that is why we love you. Most creative, brilliant people throughout the centuries are eccentric. So let's call you eccentric! Love you lots,
Franz, Serena, MaCall and Eloise