11/19/08

Teacher of the Year!

Today I received a phone call from the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce announcing that I have been selected as Teacher of the Year for 2008! I am speechless! She said a lot of nice things and that on Feb. 7, 2009 there will be a dinner in honor of the recipients. I am very honored!!
This has been a very hard Fall for me - getting squared away with the District and all, but tomorrow I'm going to sign a new Contract that is much better than I anticipated. SOOOOO, things are certainly looking up! Sometimes I question if what I do matters, but today I feel as if it really does!

5 comments:

Christie said...

YAY THIS IS SO AWESOME! WHEE!

Hunter said...

Cool! Yor are a harder worker Grammy. Way to go!

Hunter said...

I also hope you get to come to our house for Thanksgiving. Or come over here for Thanksgiving. That would be awesome!!!!!!

heidi said...

congrats! that is awesome. maybe we'll try and come up in feb. the kids will be off track.

hunter is right...you are a very hard worker, you deserve it!

delaney said...

Youu are great!!!! I can belive it because u are a good worker and have all the great skills in U!!!!! I want to see u soooo bad!!